This workshop is aimed at both front and back office personnel within treasury functions and will introduce, explain and examine the mechanics of several financial market products.
Topics will include:
- The factors influencing interest rates
- Government and corporate bonds and bond mathematics
- Bond valuations including clean v all in prices
- Derivatives and forward rate agreements “FRA’S”
- Fundamentals of swaps and financial options
- Currency market conventions
- FX Spot
- FX Derivatives – Forwards, Options and Futures
The course will describe in detail how the relevant financial market products are used, particularly in terms of risk management. The pricing of these products will be examined and the various valuation issues will be explained.
Delegates will need to bring a financial calculator to do pricing exercises in the class.
Who should attend:
- Treasury: Back Office, Middle Office
- Accountants, Internal Auditors
- External Auditors
- Risk Managers
- All staff within banks, other financial institutions and large corporates who need a better understanding of the treasury function and the various treasury products and their mechanics