MS Power Query for Excel
Power Query enhances self-service business intelligence (BI) for Excel with an intuitive and consistent experience for discovering, combining, and refining data across a wide variety of sources including relational, structured and semi-structured, OData, Web, Hadoop, and more.
With Power Query, you can share and manage queries as well as search data within your organization. Users in the enterprise can find and use these shared queries (if it is shared with them) to use the underlying data in the queries for their data analysis and reporting.
1 x 2.5hr live webinar per week for 2 weeks. Live webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the eLearning platform where delegates will be able to review them.
- Hands on Online Course
- Real world data sets
- Instruction manual to complete online examples
- Post course-exercises
- Post-course instructional videos
- Access to presenter for a 1 month period after the course for Power Query related questions.
Who should attend?
- Anybody that imports data into Excel
- Anybody that analyses data in Excel
- Analysists, accountants, auditors, payroll, CFOs, database administrator, marketing, sales, traders (equity, commodities, derivatives), developers, budgeting, risk analysts, insurance, bankers… anybody that works with data.
- Excel 2016, 2019 or Excel 365 Desktop on a Windows Installation.
- Excel 365 for Web not allowed.
- Power Query on Mac won’t be officially supported on the course. Power Query on Mac lags behind the Windows functionality.
- Be able to download practice files from external site (Icap Training Solutions’ website). Some IT departments may have disabled access to external sites.
- A two monitor setup is recommended
- 1 Monitor for the Presentation
- 1 Monitor for Excel.
Excel skills requirements
- Excel intermediate/advanced users
- Good working knowledge of the following: Excel tables; Pivot Tables; Named ranges