Fundamentals of the Forex Market
Prerequisite courses: Financial Mathematics
Post course learning path:
- Equivalent courses:
- Introduction to Derivatives
- Fundamentals of the Fixed Income Market
- Fundamentals of the Money Market
- Advanced Courses:
- ACI Operations Certificate
- Swaps, Options & Futures
- FX & Interest Rate Options
- ACI Dealing Certificate
- Masterclass in Technical Analysis
Target Audience: The workshop is specifically aimed at those entering the treasury/ global markets space and ancillary services to those areas (including IT, Audit, Credit, Risk), but would be beneficial to anyone in banking looking to gain an understanding of the industry.
Duration: 3 – 3.5 hours
Overview: The foreign exchange market spans the globe with trading taking place every working hour of the week, from Sydney, across the globe to New York. Overlapping time zones mean that, apart from weekends, there is always one center open. According to the Bank of International settlements it records an estimated turnover of more than $5 trillion per day (2013).
This course introduces you to the fundamental building blocks of the Foreign Exchange market, exposing you to the spot market, cross rates, forward exchange contracts, influencing factors on the Forex market as well as a sneak preview of swaps.
- Module 1 – Introducing the Forex market
- Module 2 – The spot market
- Module 3 – Factors influencing exchange rates
- Module 4 – Cross rates
- Module 5 – Forward exchange Contracts
- Module 6 – Swaps