An Introduction to Derivatives
Prerequisite courses: Financial Mathematics
Post course learning path:
- Equivalent courses:
- Fundamentals of the Fixed Income Market
- Fundamentals of the Forex market
- Fundamentals of the Money Market
- Advanced Courses:
- ACI Operations Certificate
- Swaps, Options & Futures
- FX & Interest Rate Options
- ACI Dealing Certificate
- Masterclass in Technical Analysis
Target Audience: The workshop is specifically aimed at those entering the treasury/ global markets space and ancillary services to those areas (including IT, Audit, Credit, Risk), but would be beneficial to anyone in banking looking to gain an understanding of the industry.
Duration: 3.5 – 4 hours
Overview: Understand the crucial role played by derivatives in the financial system as a whole. When used correctly there are very few other instruments that can be as effective and beneficial to manage and reduce risk, as derivatives.
- Module 1 – What are Derivatives?
- Module 2 – Forwards and Futures
- Module 3 – Swaps and Options
- Module 4 – Arbitrage free pricing principle
- Module 5 – Hedgers and Speculators
- Module 6 – Options and forward pay-off profiles
- Module 7 – Cash settled vs. physical delivery