Basel II, III
Efficiently cope with stronger competition in the financial markets.
This course provides a detailed overview of the history of the Basel Accords and how they evolved from 1998 to what became known as Basel II. It describes the regulatory tools that are available in Basel II and the risks that are covered and not covered, while also explaining the ICAAP and capital management. Following this detailed overview, the course will focus on the financial crisis and how Basel II’s weaknesses were highlighted as a result, and what regulators plan in response, i.e. Basel III.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the history of the Basel Accords;
- Learn the tools which are available in Basel II;
- Learn the capital requirements and the risks that are covered by them in Basel II;
- Discover risks that are not covered and how these tie into the ICAAP process;
- Understand the financial crisis and how Basel II’s weaknesses were highlighted as a result;
- Study the regulatory responses to the financial crisis: Basel III.
Introduction to Basel
Basel II – Credit Risk
Basel II – Market Risk
Basel II – Operational Risk
Basel II – Liquidity risk
Capital, ICAAP & SREP
The Financial Crisis
For further information on this course, please complete the form below. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Trusted by over 10,000 students.
Be part of a dynamic community of financial professionals from around the world.